Friday, May 28, 2021

New outdoor lights

We are installing -- okay, let me be honest -- my hubby is installing new outdoor lights beside or above all four doors. The old lights were incorrectly installed, didn't work properly, and were rusting away. The three lights by the side and back doors look like this:

and the larger light over the front doors looks like this:



Photos are from the Lowe's website. The second light, for the front, is about 5 inches longer than the other lights.

We wanted something that would be fresh and slightly modern but simple, without jarring with the 1930s vibe of the church. Hubby has been a trooper, standing on a ladder most of the day with his arms above his head, dodging bumblebees and cobbling together something that should have been easy if the previous handyman hadn't been quite so creative and not-up-to-code. I told my husband that he doesn't need to get me a Mother's Day, Birthday, or Christmas gift ever again for the rest of my life. It's very handy that he could do the work himself without having to hire an expensive electrician.

2 comments:

  1. I really like these lights. I think they fit what you were going for very well. Go Barry!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Baby Trees

Have spent the last few days gingerly tiptoeing on the new clover to pull out a billion baby trees. The roots go down surprisingly far alrea...