Thursday, December 17, 2020

Confessions

There are eleven stained glass windows to restore. Vast amounts of carpet to vacuum. Lots of woodwork to polish. Snow to shovel. Curtains to sew. Manuscripts to write. Walls to paint. And I have spent the last four nights after work watching people like Roberta Battaglia on America's Got Talent. I love music; the right high note can move me to tears. The whole reason I took up bagpipes in the first place was because I wanted to be able to sing soprano and really belt it out. Everything else can wait. During this approach to Christmas, I just want to revel in beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clover starting to take root

The microclover has started to surface, along with a million baby maple trees. Trying to figure out how to remove the trees without disturbi...