Sunday, January 31, 2021

Ox in the Mire

I got halfway through crocheting a sock and realized I didn't have enough yarn with me to make a second one. Had to go to Plan B. Before my hubby headed back to the city, I dashed to see if the dollar store in town was open -- and it was! And they had socks that will do.

As members of the LDS church, we're taught not to do work on the Sabbath, and I try not to shop on Sunday. However, we are also taught that if your ox gets bogged down in a mire on a Sunday, it is okay to dig and pull it out. In this case, the only alternative to going through two weeks of winter without socks was buying socks on the Sabbath. And doing that is probably more aligned with the principle than spending my Sunday frantically working myself into a tizzy trying to crochet socks out of dental floss and duct tape. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Trees

Have spent the last few days gingerly tiptoeing on the new clover to pull out a billion baby trees. The roots go down surprisingly far alrea...