Sunday, January 3, 2021

Water seems to be a theme

Just before Hubby went home yesterday, we discovered another leak in the utility room -- water all over the floor. Same spot as last time that Paul Davis fixed. We've emailed them and I will call their office tomorrow to arrange for them to come back. Sigh. Not sure what the problem is or what they can do, with snow on the ground. There are times I want to just put down a pond liner and throw in some goldfish and pretend all the flooding is on purpose.

I have distant memories of my grandparents' basement perpetually flooding. All the years we visited their farm, I never once went down the basement stairs, but I could stand at the top and hear faint clinking. Grandma said it was mason jars floating around and bumping into each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Trees

Have spent the last few days gingerly tiptoeing on the new clover to pull out a billion baby trees. The roots go down surprisingly far alrea...