Saturday, January 30, 2021

Winter is here!

A blizzard the other day left about four inches of snow, but since then it has been too cold for further snow (about -25 in places). Today I bundled up with every bit of fabric I had and walked down to the lake (I'm back at the church for a couple of weeks). I could see someone has been cross-country skiing on the lake, ploughing neat furrows in the snow. Further down, a man in a red coat was shoveling the snow aside to expose the ice, piling it neatly at the edges to frame a large hockey rink. While he worked, his floppy dog raced and leaped around him and sometimes took off running joyfully across the lake, reveling in his own awesome personal playground. Brio watched this with great interest. 

It was beautiful, the sunlight a glorious colour filtering through the trees, casting fascinating shadows across the undisturbed snow. But half an hour was enough for Brio, so I dropped him back at the church to get warm and I continued to walk for a while longer. Reluctant to leave that wonderful sunshine.

I am hiding out here at the church to get away from the Covid numbers and risk for a while. I've got my stack of books and a pack of pudding cups and I'm snug as a bug. I intend to work on my novel while I'm here, though today I've been distracted crocheting little pink hearts for Valentine's Day. Not sure what I'm going to do with them, but I liked this new pattern. Maybe I'll "yarn bomb" the maple tree outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Trees

Have spent the last few days gingerly tiptoeing on the new clover to pull out a billion baby trees. The roots go down surprisingly far alrea...