Tuesday, February 16, 2021

I awoke to find myself in the Sahara

 Another 8 inches or so of snow fell last night, and the fierce wind has sculpted it into the most beautiful and fantastic dunes and drifts. They are four feet deep in places and the ground is almost bare in others. Snow is piled against the lower windows, and also against one of the upper windows, due to the wind. I had to fight my way out of the door this morning to let Brio out. You can't see where I shovelled last night. The front steps are filled with snow so they resemble a pyramid, and somewhere under there is the front walk, which I will have to find and shovel out later this morning when the sun is up. Our neighbour across the street died on Valentine's Day, so I will try to get over there to shovel as well.

I suspect Hubby is not going to be able to get up here this weekend, either, to bring me home. I may be here until spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Trees

Have spent the last few days gingerly tiptoeing on the new clover to pull out a billion baby trees. The roots go down surprisingly far alrea...