Monday, May 24, 2021

Discovering another hidden gem

 

On one of our rambles, Hubby and I came across several beautiful country churches. This one is my favourite, though, not just for its beauty but because for many years they held both English and Scottish Gaelic services. I wonder if any of the old families in the area continued to pass the language down even when the community stopped using Gaelic as a whole. 

Hubby says I should polish up a sermon in Gaelic and go be a guest speaker. I say he should contact them to see if they want a piper for any of their future services or events...



Credits to Mary Simpson of Glencoe, ON on marysonline.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Trees

Have spent the last few days gingerly tiptoeing on the new clover to pull out a billion baby trees. The roots go down surprisingly far alrea...