Tuesday, May 11, 2021

More Kindness!

We have ordered a lawnmower, but it won't be ready for curbside pick-up until next week. Meanwhile, the damp weather had resulted in a lush green lawn that was rapidly becoming too long to cut. And then this afternoon when I was out with Brio, the fellow who manages the townhouses next door was out with his dog and said hello, and we got to chatting while the dogs bounced and growled and decided whether they were friends or foes (looks like friends). 

I mentioned apologetically that I was going to get around to mowing as soon as I could get my mower -- it's a bit embarrassing, as lawns here seem rather competitively well maintained -- and my very nice neighbour offered to mow the lawn for me today so that it will be more manageable to mow next week. Isn't that the kindest thing? I am surrounded by such lovely people here. I made him and his family cookies as a thank you. Turns out he is the father of the great kid I've observed next door---and he himself referred to his son as Huck Finn. Isn't that fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Trees

Have spent the last few days gingerly tiptoeing on the new clover to pull out a billion baby trees. The roots go down surprisingly far alrea...