Sunday, September 19, 2021

You don't see this in the city

Tonight I was walking the dog up the street, and a young boy, maybe 7 years old, went by on a bicycle. He was completely naked except for a pair of briefs (and my first thought was Don't you know not to ride a bike without shoes?). He greeted me cheerfully, stopped to pet the dog, and asked me if I knew where he lived. I guessed a local house, and he said nope, the one next to it. 

I asked him, "Can I ask why you're outside in your underwear?" 

He replied, "I dunno. Just am." 

"Just enjoying the summer?"

"Yeah."

Well, why not. He chatted a while longer and rode home, and as I passed his house I saw his older brother (maybe 10 years old?) also outside in nothing but his underwear, playing near the bonfire built in their yard. Junior came back over to me and asked me to hold his bike while he played with the dog again for a bit, and then I carried on home.

Just another day in paradise... 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Trees

Have spent the last few days gingerly tiptoeing on the new clover to pull out a billion baby trees. The roots go down surprisingly far alrea...