Friday, October 8, 2021

Falling to Pieces

I've been working madly on the stained glass windows. Onto panel #8 now, for William and Phoebe Beacom. Phoebe was born about 1859 in Ontario, and her father was from Ireland. By the time of the 1921 census, she was listed as a widow, and her children were Henry and Alice. Unfortunately I couldn't find any info on William.

This window is also in quite rough shape, with a lot of the soldering popped. When I removed Phoebe from her frame, pieces of glass and bits of lead came fell onto the table. Will take some major restoration. But not a lot of glass breakage, which is good.

While I work, I crank up the sound system to play old classics from 1950s-1980s. Brio, who doesn't like loud noises, nonetheless lies at my feet, refusing to leave my side. A look of longsuffering on his face. (Even when I was cracking hickory nuts for two days, he pressed himself into my lap to wedge himself between me and the threat of the apparently evil nuts I was pounding with a hammer -- determined to defend me to the end.) However, this morning he did leave the room when "Dancing Queen" came on.

I can't blame him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clover starting to take root

The microclover has started to surface, along with a million baby maple trees. Trying to figure out how to remove the trees without disturbi...