Tuesday, November 9, 2021

A mid-day walk to the lake

It's been cold here, with a heavy frost most mornings, so when I went for a walk with Brio today I wore both a hoodie and a jacket over my long-sleeved shirt, with gloves and a hat. Thus fortified, we stepped outside...and saw the little girl next door running around outside in shorts and bare feet.

Her brother, meanwhile, in a t-shirt, was building a bonfire in the yard.

I refused to be shamed, but lifted my chin and off we went, to tramp around the lake and watch the Canada geese. And a blue heron the colour of a blueberry when it has that dusty bloom on it. Sullen white sky, shimmering silver lake, the satisfying thump of my feet on the pine-needle-strewn path. All in all, a glorious afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Trees

Have spent the last few days gingerly tiptoeing on the new clover to pull out a billion baby trees. The roots go down surprisingly far alrea...