Saturday, January 29, 2022

A Small Delay

Turns out the windows and doors won't go in until March. The weather is just too cold and snowy. My husband is going out of town for a couple of weeks in February, as well, and there isn't time to remove the stained glass before he goes. By March I'm hoping the weather will have calmed down (famous last words -- March is often the worst) and time will have freed up as well.

While hubby is away, I am thinking of going on another writing retreat at the church. I'm in the homestretch of this manuscript, with deadlines looming, and need to put in some serious concentration. Though there is also admittedly the pull in the opposite direction -- hubby is away, so it's time for chick flicks, chocolate, and reading the pile of books by my bed. We'll see which impulse wins out. I suspect that when it comes to books, I'm more eager to read them than write them!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh! My hubby will be in your town in February and now I really, really wish I was coming along. Chick flicks with an old friend sounds like just what I need! Unfortunately, I’m still helping my sister a lot. But a project is in the works at the Mississauga plant for this year so I am hoping to tag along on another trip in a few months. Before that, maybe we can have a Skype chat and pretend I’m there.

    ReplyDelete

Baby Trees

Have spent the last few days gingerly tiptoeing on the new clover to pull out a billion baby trees. The roots go down surprisingly far alrea...