Tuesday, January 9, 2024

A peaceful rainy day

Filled the gouges and dents in two bannisters with wood filler. Sanded. Stained. Varnished. Will let it dry and sand again tomorrow and apply another coat. I don't want to eliminate all the wear and tear on them. I like the patina, the evidence of a life well-loved. But I had to do a little work to keep us from getting splinters from them.

While waiting for the polyurethane to dry, I wrote for a while and sent off another manuscript. The dog is patiently curled at my feet under the desk. The rain patters the windows. The air still smells of the jerk pork I cooked for dinner. Nothing else needed, nothing required or expected. Quiet and cozy and solitary.

I was made for evenings like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Relying on Miracles

Hubby dropped me off at the church to spend ten days working on various projects. So far I've raked the entire side yard (hardpan duly b...