Saturday, September 5, 2020

Deciding on the Essentials


I have lately wanted to live more simply, with less stuff, and have started paring down my belongings in my city house. In thinking about what I would need to take with me to the church in order to quarantine there, it has become clear that I really don’t need much.
  • A pillow and sleeping bag
  • A couple of changes of clothes (there’s a washing machine) 
  • A bowl, plate, set of utensils, and cup
  • A good chef knife and cutting board, a spatula, and a big spoon
  • A frying pan and pot, and probably a cookie sheet
  • Food and a can opener (remember chocolate this time! Last time I had to quarantine without it. I nearly didn’t survive)
  • Brio’s bed, toys, and food
  • Some garbage bags  
  • My laptop for work
  • My guitar and banjo and stained glass tools (gives me something to do in the evening, and provides sound, which would be lacking if I’m there alone)
  • Maybe my sewing machine and fabric or knitting supplies so I can make Christmas presents while I’m holed up, so I feel useful
  • My glasses
  • Toothbrush, shampoo, etc.
  • A snow shovel (which would also allow me to help an elderly neighbour)
  • About 4,000 books
That's it. Nothing else needed, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Trees

Have spent the last few days gingerly tiptoeing on the new clover to pull out a billion baby trees. The roots go down surprisingly far alrea...