Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Tuesday Update

 Hayters say the hot water heater needs replacing. I managed to find an internet company (Brooke Telecom) that will service our location. At the end of the month, we will rent a van and haul up our extra couch and bed and some other bulky items, but we'll probably set up camp in the heated bedroom and not try to live in the rest of the building so long as we don't have propane.

Meanwhile, I got an unexpected bonus at work that is meant to go toward setting up my home office and making working remotely more comfortable (isn't that amazing?). But I don't think they'll let me use it to pay for internet or a hot water heater, so I may end up putting it toward the bookshelves I want for the balcony. I can't bring books up to the church until we get the dehumidifier running, though.

The trees are turning lovely fall colours. The two maples by the church are my favourite salmony gold-red. The leaves are clogging the eavestroughs as they fall, and there's a small gap in the soffit that I'm sure will house a squirrel this winter. But I still love this time of year, the cozy snuggliness of it, the freshness in the air, the smell of the leaves. I'm actually looking forward to huddling around the space heater with my Hudson Bay blanket.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clover starting to take root

The microclover has started to surface, along with a million baby maple trees. Trying to figure out how to remove the trees without disturbi...