Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Cold!

The propane was supposed to go in tomorrow but has been delayed until Friday. I have to head back home early Saturday morning for a doctor appointment, so it won't give us much chance to see if the furnace is working. Meanwhile, I'm huddled with the space heater and Brio, trying to keep warm. It's been 10 or 11 degrees celsius (indoors) all week. The power has gone off three times, leaving me in darkness and even colder temperatures for an hour here and there. Thank goodness for the battery-operated motion sensor lights in the stairwells!

I took Brio on a brisk walk to the park this morning, but the wind was so strong it blew his ears straight out and gave me an "ice cream" headache, so we didn't stay out long. A dusting of snow. I know the wind is strong because I see tree branches down all over, but inside the church I'm hardly aware of it. An occasional whistle at the window. Otherwise it feels snug and solid and safe. Just wish it had heat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Trees

Have spent the last few days gingerly tiptoeing on the new clover to pull out a billion baby trees. The roots go down surprisingly far alrea...