Friday, November 13, 2020

Isolating at the Church

I'm heading back up to the church for the week, to meet propane people (now bumped to Nov 20) and to just isolate for a while away from this hot-spot of Covid cases. I'm taking extra food in case I stay another week after that, or in case I get snowed in, or whatever. Just good to have extra on hand.

It means another week of living without heat, and another week of incessant ball-throwing for Brio, who is insatiable. It means another week to myself, to read and watch movies and do puzzles and go on walks and work on stained glass windows. Well, and to work remotely too, of course. But it doesn't seem like any sort of hardship when I'm otherwise relaxing in a lovely place, with no other distractions.

I look forward to seeing if the eavestroughs have performed as hoped. I look forward to long, cold walks in the fresh air with the smell of the earth and leaves and apples.


1 comment:

  1. "I look forward to long, cold walks in the fresh air with the smell of the earth and leaves and apples."

    Aaaaah. I'll be there ASAP! (At least in my heart.)

    ReplyDelete

Baby Trees

Have spent the last few days gingerly tiptoeing on the new clover to pull out a billion baby trees. The roots go down surprisingly far alrea...