Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Brio's acting weird

Ever since Brio and I came back to the city, he has been acting really weird. He barks at people he knows (but not strangers). He wedges himself between my calves and the chair I'm sitting in, as if he's afraid of something. He actually climbed right into my lap the other day, which he never does, and huddled there as if terrified. I couldn't hear anything disturbing. The weather was fine. Everything was calm. No idea what's going on. If I scold him for barking, he just gets worse. He'll bark and then duck and peek at me as if apologizing, but he just can't help it. It's like he has Tourette Syndrome.

The last two mornings Brio woke me, whining, at 3:30. I didn't want him to wake everyone in the house, so I went downstairs and slept on the couch with the dog wedged tight against my legs. Such a strange thing. Maybe we're in for a tornado or something.

It was so quiet for two weeks at the church---maybe he just can't handle city noise anymore. Or people coming in and out of the house. I don't know, but my hubby is threatening to send us back to the church for the rest of the winter if he doesn't settle down.

I admit part of me thinks staying at the church all winter has some attraction. So silent and slow! But I'd miss my family, and Christmas is coming. Maybe I'll go for January.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Trees

Have spent the last few days gingerly tiptoeing on the new clover to pull out a billion baby trees. The roots go down surprisingly far alrea...