Friday, January 15, 2021

Change of Plans

I had planned to stay at the church for a couple more weeks, but there's a stay-at-home order in Ontario, and there's no knowing how long it will go on, so Hubby wouldn't have been able to come bring me groceries if it went on for long. And with the predicted polar vortex bringing temperatures of -40 next week, I don't need to hang around to watch for flooding issues in the basement, because it will be too cold to rain or snow. And the critter-catcher was able to get rid of the squirrel without setting traps (which would have had to be checked over a series of days) and blocked the vents in the roof so it can't get back in. And Hubby hurt his back and I thought he may need help at home. So anyway, I packed up and came home earlier than expected. I'm hoping to go back up again in a couple of weeks, but we'll have to see how the stay-at-home order pans out.

Frankly, with the craziness happening to the south right now, it's probably best to hunker down with family at home anyway. I suspect I'm going to need some comfort as things unwind on January 20th. Sending loving thoughts out into the universe...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Trees

Have spent the last few days gingerly tiptoeing on the new clover to pull out a billion baby trees. The roots go down surprisingly far alrea...