Saturday, April 17, 2021

Music in the air and water on the floor

We came up to the church before Premier Ford announced the extension and tightening of the stay-at-home order yesterday, which is going to change things, I assume, regarding the scheduled delivery and installation of the new windows this week. Non-essential construction is being paused, and I don't know if that will affect home windows. They've been stored at the warehouse since mid winter, so I guess a few weeks longer won't harm them. However, it's a good thing we came up anyway, because once again there's a minor flood in the utility room. The repair guy from Paul Davis has to come out again. No idea what's causing it, but we've had steady rain here and it must be linked to that. It's not coming from the roof. But it's weird if it's coming through the wall, which has been wrapped and sealed. Maybe up through the floor? No idea. I'll let him figure it out. Meanwhile, thank heavens for sump pumps.

Hubby went upstairs to play his pipes for while. There really isn't a place to practise at home, and the church gives him a good space to play in. I lay downstairs reading Laurie King with Brio curled warmly beside me, the music wafting above me, the sunlight streaming into the basement, and was completely contented. Despite the headaches and expense, this place is still a haven of happiness. I look forward to diving into my writing again this coming week. 

One thing I forgot was to bring a camera with me, so I'm afraid the next few blog posts will be boringly unillustrated. Sorry about that!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Trees

Have spent the last few days gingerly tiptoeing on the new clover to pull out a billion baby trees. The roots go down surprisingly far alrea...