Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Duck Dreams

Someone on Kijiji is giving away ten assorted ducks for free. One glance at the ad and all my hankering instantly returns for a homestead. I have always been in love with ducks. It is all I can do not to go get them. I have visions of a duck pen and small pond in the side yard. A greenhouse. An array of raised vegetable beds. I could raise a lot in that space. Add some solar panels and beehives and re-establish the old well and I'd be self-sufficient other than olive oil. 

My husband has other plans for the yard -- a gathering space, a community meditation garden, a place to walk peacefully under shade trees. And I could also see that happening, and it would be lovely. But it would be lovelier -- everything is lovelier - with ducks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Trees

Have spent the last few days gingerly tiptoeing on the new clover to pull out a billion baby trees. The roots go down surprisingly far alrea...