Sunday, August 15, 2021

Let the demolition begin!

Crew beginning the tear-out on Monday. I am not sure what to expect once they remove all the lath and plaster. We aren't going to plan too meticulously until we see what we're left with. I'm hoping to find some surprise cubby space beneath the stairs. We won't be able to go back up to the church for a little while, until the mess is done, and then we'll start framing, insulating, etc. Need to find an electrician. None of the renovators/construction companies in the area have time to do the project -- they're booking into the end of 2023!--so we'll do much of it ourselves. I'm looking forward to getting my hands in it, to see visible progress. This is the exciting part.

I'm also taking over more of the work at the city house, to free my husband up to focus on the church. Poor man, this isn't how he intended to spend his retirement. We'll have to make sure we incorporate long walks by the lake, too, so that it isn't an unrelenting slog. 

I find change invigorating and exciting, even if it's slightly scary. My husband complains that I can never let things coast along peacefully for any length of time. I always have to shake things up periodically. I understand the fatigue factor. But I also wouldn't want to spend the rest of my life reading one book, would you? Sometimes you have to explore new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Trees

Have spent the last few days gingerly tiptoeing on the new clover to pull out a billion baby trees. The roots go down surprisingly far alrea...