Monday, September 26, 2022

Let there be light!

Electrician today, installing outlets and lights in the lower level. Except we apparently bought the wrong kind of light fixtures and have to take them back (drat! They were on sale) and find something else. I'm in Mississauga while my husband is at the church, but I trust him completely to make a great design choice without my input. Our taste is the same, he knows the functionality we're looking for, and I know he'll make a great decision about the lights.

When we were fairly early on in our marriage, I came home from work once to find he had painted and wallpapered the apartment. And it was beautiful and perfect and what I would have chosen. We used to play a game where we'd take a flyer or sales brochure and each flip through it and choose the one thing we liked the most. And inevitably we would choose the same thing. One year at Christmas, he handed me the thick Consumer's catalogue and said to pick my favourite thing. I did -- a terra cotta statue of a woman holding a baby. I showed my selection to my husband. He turned and picked up a box from under the Christmas tree and handed it to me. And it was the statue. He'd known what I would pick, and he'd already purchased it for me. It stands in our room today.

That kind of compatibility. So I have no qualms at all leaving design choices in his capable hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Trees

Have spent the last few days gingerly tiptoeing on the new clover to pull out a billion baby trees. The roots go down surprisingly far alrea...