Sunday, March 5, 2023

Galloping toward spring

We've met with the septic designer. We've had two companies come to give quotes on the brick pointing. (Want to get that done before it's warm enough that we have to worry about wasps moving into the crevices.) Little by little, we're moving forward, picking up momentum as we go. 

I want to find a week where I can focus on doing nothing but pulling nails out of the salvaged wood and sorting it to see what is usable. My husband has pointed out that my plan to put a stretch of bookcases along the front of the balcony won't do, because small children could climb them like a ladder. Oh. Yeah. Duh. So I will have to rethink the shelves I was going to build. We also have to come up with a way to raise that balcony railing to at least 42 inches, for safety's sake.

I am thinking I will have a big book sale in late spring, when people have returned to the trailer park by the lake. I have plenty of books to stock the Book Nook exchange, and plenty more to unload. It could be a fundraiser to save the stained glass. 

We have cancelled our planned trip to Scotland and Iceland yet again, and my son and his partner have agreed to help watch the home garden when I'm away, so I will have a little more time this summer to devote to renos. It would be great if we could get permission to finish the drywalling, because then we could install overhead lights and outlets, which would certainly come in handy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Trees

Have spent the last few days gingerly tiptoeing on the new clover to pull out a billion baby trees. The roots go down surprisingly far alrea...